Re: Applying the inet6 ND state engine to inet4

On 12/07/2020 14:41, Ted Lemon wrote:
If you’re going to do that, why not split it out of the kernel entirely? ND is many good things, but one of the things it is is fairly complicated, and not so latency critical that bouncing through userland is likely to be a problem.

I'm not sure that's feasable because it's quite entwined within critical paths in the kernel.

My inital plan was and still is to keep it in the kernel but make the state engine family agnostic so that we can retire the clumsy ARP one.

Roy