Re: Applying the inet6 ND state engine to inet4

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 12:55 PM Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> wrote:
> My inital plan was and still is to keep it in the kernel but make the state
> engine family agnostic so that we can retire the clumsy ARP one.

This is an interesting idea. Is any other operating system doing this?
ARP is indeed troublesome. Would it reduce chatter? I guess I haven't
really compared traces of ARP vs. IPv6 ND though. I've noticed hosts
find a way of all doing ARPs at the same time for various reasons.

Andy