Re: Applying the inet6 ND state engine to inet4

    Date:        Sun, 12 Jul 2020 09:53:56 -0400 (EDT)
    From:        Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost>

  | Having to start a userland process for the network to work even
  | rudimentarily strikes me as...a substantial problem.

I agree.

Let's stop ripping bits of the network out of the kernel - by all
means provide userland alternatives, which can be smarter, or have
more features and functionality, and provide a mechanism, after that
exists, to disable the kernel's processing if needed - but leave
all basic network functionality so it can operate in a kernel with
no running userland at all (to enable getting that stuff over the
network if needed).

kre