Re: Dealing with ICMPv6 network unreachable.

>> I just got my ssh connections to a linux host killed only because I
>> unplugged/replugged the ethernet cable of said linux box.  That's
>> very annoying.
> I would argue that's correct behaviour because the addresses will
> become non functional when you take the cable out.

Only temporarily.

> There is no guarantee the same network will be plugged back in.

True.  But the time to deal with that is when you discover another
network was plugged in, not when the original network is unplugged.

> If you want ssh to persist in any way or form, run tmux or screen at
> the other end.

I'm glad you don't control the network stack on my machines.  (Nitpick:
even that doesn't actually make ssh persist.  All it renders persistent
is the shell, and things run under it, on the remote machine.  It also
assumes the remote machine _has_ something like tmux or screen, which
may not be the case.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign