Re: Dealing with ICMPv6 network unreachable.

Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> writes:

> As I said above, no addresses are being handed out.
> The local interface just have local-link addresses.

So the real bug on our side is arguably trying to connect to a global
address when we only have link-local addresses.   I would posit (with
not much confidence) that essentially source address selection should
throw an exception rather than return a LL value, which invoked to send
to a global address.   I would expect this to be covered in the specs.

The other question is if the unreachable is being ignored on purpose
(because of Manuel's half of the opinion), or if it's a bug.

I can see a notion being reasonable where unreachables in SYN_SENT
cause abort, but not in established connections; that might get most of
the benefit of both cases.