Re: Thinking about "branes" for netbsd...

It might be worth looking at the work that the MIF working group at IETF is
doing with respect to provisioning domains when talking about this problem
space.   I can go into more detail if people are interested, but the essential
focus of what they are doing has to do with the problem of a device that has N
interfaces, where N is typically greater than 1, and they are connected to
different physical networks operated by different operators.   It also
addresses the case where you have a dual-stack network.

My theory as how this should be made to work sounds a little bit like the brane
proposal, and a little bit like what you are saying the brane proposal isn't,
Mouse.