Re: Thinking about "branes" for netbsd...

>> What's a brane in this context?
> I think I've only seen the term used here.  It seems to refer to a
> multiple routing table, or routing instance, mechanism, [...]

Ah.  Thanks for explaining.

> I stumble over the "processes get chroot'd into branes" thing that
> always seems to arise in conversations about branes since, for most
> of the applications of multiple routing instances that I understand,
> this is not very useful.

I'm not even sure what it could mean, since chroot is about pathname
interpretation and IP packet routing has nothing to do with pathnames
as far as I can see.  Perhaps something is being extended
metaphorically, but it's unclear to me what or how that could be.

\ / Ribbon Campaign