Re: Thinking about "branes" for netbsd...

> There may be less enthusiasm for branes in particular than there is
> for multiple routing tables and for a network stack with a more
> rational structure.

For example, I would like to see multiple routing tables, but if the
design requires that the mechanism which selects which table gets used
is driven off solely which process sent the data, or which process
created the socket...then it's of little value to me.  I would prefer
multiple routing tables with less policy attached; I want to select the
routing table based on other things.  (The principal one I have in mind
at the moment is, loosely put, ip_src, but I'm fairly confident there
are other alternatives as well; to name three that come to mind
immediately, time-of-day, load average, and anything computable by a
bpf bytecode program.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign