Re: Non-root tun-over-ssh?

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 03:04:02AM +0000, John Klos wrote:
> >If this is not what you want at all, and you're talking about what I
> >think you might be, then OpenVPN is the solution :)
>
> Hmmm... Looks interesting. I'll have to play with it.

Won't change the problem - it opens a /dev/tunX device, ifconfigs IPv4
(and IPv6 in -current) on it, and forwards packets over the SSL link.

Buy you'd still need root access on the client end, and you need to have
an openvpn daemon running on the server side - so if you already have
ssh+tun, OpenVPN is "just a different protocol to do the same thing",
but it won't solve your non-root-issue.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany