Non-root tun-over-ssh?

Hi,

I've set up and used tunnels over ssh in many places and they're very useful. However, sometimes I'd like to be able to use them without needing root. I tried changing ownership of tun devices to another user, but sshd doesn't like that:

channel 0: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed

Does anyone know how I can use tunnels over OpenSSH with non-root users?

Thanks,
John Klos