Re: I'm trying to make a 6rd pseudo-device

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 08:30:02AM -0500, Patrick Klos wrote:

> the rest to work.  I'm considering merging my code into the stf
> driver rather then to have a separate sixrd driver?

As far as I read 6RD, it's just like 6to4, just with a different
(and normally longer) prefix than 2002::/16 ?

6to4 should certainly be implementable as a special case of a 6rd
driver, or stf should be easily extandable. Note however, that for
6to4 the intrinsic prefix length is always (16+32)==48, while for
6rd it can be anything from (in theory) 3+32 to 32+32. So there's
a small integer parameter more - the position of the embedded
IPv4 relay address.

(The advertized prefix length for both cases might be smaller,
although not smaller than 64).

If you do merging, be careful to add/keep the basic security
settings. (see $(man stf))

        -is