Re: I'm trying to make a 6rd pseudo-device

    Date:        Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:05:05 -0500
    From:        Patrick Klos <patrick%klos.com@localhost>

  |     ifconfig sixrd0 inet6 2001:55c:62d8:93c7::1 prefixlen 32

Why /32?  That looks wrong, looks to be /64 to me - this looks to be
copied a bit too slavishly from stf (but even there I'd expect a /48
if not /64).

  | It's almost as if the IPv6 stack is checking the length, and thinking
  | the packet is too big to send on the target interface?

Unlikely, ping6 sends (by default) really small packets, way smaller
than the smallest legal MTU for IPv6.   More likely the error message
is one of those that is being abused for some similar purpose, and just
means "too much something" - perhaps internal routing table loop, or
who knows ...   What does the kernel routing table look like
        (netstat -rn -f inet6)
when the interface is configured?

kre