Re: Odd behavior

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, Paul Goyette wrote:
However, when I use ifconfig to give the interface an IPv4 address, it creates the subnet route in the routing table, but does NOT create the local route! I am therefore unable to communicate with other devices on the network, since no incoming packets get received.

If I then ping my own address on this device, the local address suddenly appears in the routing table, and then everything else just works as expected!

I'm not sure what you mean by local route, but is it possible that you don't have lo0 configured (with 127.0.0.1 & up) when you try this?
IIRC there are some funny effects to be expected then...

Yep, the lo0 entry is up and running.

I just ran through things again, and I think I must have done something wrong before, because everything is now working correctly. I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night!

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |