Re: How do I keep an inet6 address from being added to an interface?

>> I added a handful of interface flags to 1.4T, and one of them was
>> BPFONLY; when set, packet reception short-circuits everything after
>> bpf.  Not quite what you want, because it affects input only.
> Right, but certainly a good step.  (Way back when, in the days of
> thick coax and 15-pin drop cables to transceiver bricks, I *really*
> wanted to be sure that a machine would *never* transmit.  After
> staring at the kernel for a while, I decided to clip the transmit
> leads -- nothing else looked high-enough assurance.)

Yeah.  One of the regressions of the switch to twisted-pair.

Of course, I don't know the kernel you were using, but maybe you could
have done something to the output routine for the network interface in
question?  That strikes me as being about as good as you're going to
get short of a hardware answer such as you ended up with.

\ / Ribbon Campaign