Re: [netbsd4.0]could you tell me why NetBSD did not send link-local NS when NetBSD rebooted.

Hi, all :

I could not get NS yet so far. yes , I used a switch to connect all the devices. I did 4 things(all the things was configured ip6mode=autohost in /etc/rc.conf and add "up" in file /etc/ifconfig.interface): 1. didn't use a switch, just used a cross cable between 2 devices, one is netbsd4.0, another was performed to capture tcpdump info. could not get NS 2. all the devices connected to a switch, closed the spanning tree protocol, could not get NS 3. all the devices connected to a switch, closed the spanning tree, and set "sysctl -w net.inet6.ip6.dad_count=3 " or 5 in /etc/rc.local, could not get NS 4. all the devices connected to a switch, closed the spanning tree, installed 4.0.1 and changed NIC card, could not get NS
 thanks

if we used a very old old machine , maybe we can get link-local NS, but I did not test, because I could not get very old NIC on nowadays I am sure if we used a new machine like hp xw1800 or dell optiplex 745, we could not get link-local NS.
if somebody can get NS to use a new machine, please tell me  machine name
thanks
jiabo