Re: [netbsd4.0]could you tell me why NetBSD did not send link-local NS when NetBSD rebooted.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 04:45:17PM +0800, wang_jiabo wrote:

> my ifconfig.<IF> file added a  "up" word,
> my IF is wm0
> my log messages please see attatchment
> I can get global NS,but could not get link-local NS
> I used "tcpdump -i eth0 -s 4096 -w netbsd.dump" , eth0 is my monitor
> device network interface.

sounds like Linux, so it's a different machine. How did you connect it?

Neighbour solicitations are sent to an address-specific multicast group,
so they're not necessarily received at all switch ports. The best method
to capture would be with an oldstyle 10 MBit non-switching hub in between.

Regards,
        -is