Re: [netbsd4.0]could you tell me why NetBSD did not send link-local NS when NetBSD, rebooted.

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 09:32:26PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, wang_jiabo wrote:
> > when NetBSD rebooted, NetBSD should send a link-local Neighbor
> >Solicitation(NS), but I didnot capture the NS by tcpdump.
> >could you tell me why.
>
> The 'ip6mode=autohost' only tells the system to _accept_ router
> advertizements. To solicitate a RA, you have to run rtsol. You can do so
> by setting 'rtsol=yes' in /etc/rc.conf.

Irrelevant - wang_jiabo wants double address detection, implemented by
sending a neighbour solicitation for your own address. This should work
out of the box whenever an address is added (I think), and it works for
me at boot time...

Maybe a media negotiation problem using the crosslink cable...

Wait. GE and crossed cable? Use a straight one, please!

        -is