Re: nuke nfs over netiso?

> Eventually it would be nice to have NFS (server and client) as a
> module and that means killing as much of #ifdef as possible.  Yes, I
> know I need to solve the same problem with INET vs. INET6, but I like
> to start with the easy ones first.

Actually, NFS can in principle run over any RPC transport.  The only
way it's tied to addressing at all is the portmapper (and the legacy
hack that says NFS is at port 2049).

If we modularize NFS, we should do so in a way that abstracts away the
underlying transport, which would give us ISO/INET/INET6 ifdef
elimination for free.

\ / Ribbon Campaign