Re: dhclient-script (Greg Troxel) writes:

>A more serious issue that I haven't figured out is that when the dhcp
>server goes away for denies leases for a while (VZ FiOS, every 6 months
>or so) and then comes back, I end up with a bad default route and am
>thus off the net.

The script just adds a default route, if the old one is still there
this fails with 'File exists'.

It gets worse with two DHCP servers that each offer a default route :)
My solution was to add a hook that decides which default route
to take and to use 'route change' if there is an old route.

                                Michael van Elst