tech-multimedia archive

Re: Problems (panics) with using my uvideo... Help please..

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 03:53:53PM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Martin S. Weber wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 06:41:56PM +0100, Jeremy Morse wrote:
>>> (..)
>>> Does anyone know why uvideo is using so many frames on a full speed usb
>>> device?
>>
>> Maybe related: with usb-debug in the dmesg it says some moral equivalent
>> of "ehci: handing over low speed device to uhci". Maybe this is related?
>>
>> I'll test the patch.
>
> Ok so your camera is a full speed device, and we must get nframes
> calculation wrong in the uvideo driver in the full speed case. Can you
> try the following change:

I've prepared three kernels now without COMPAT_LINUX (it's not compiling
atm :), with USB_DEBUG, UVIDEO_DEBUG, UHCI_DEBUG, EHCI_DEBUG. One is just
that, without any patches. Second one is just with your patch, Jared.
Third one includes both patches of Jeremy (anti-NMI and cranking up the
limits). I'll be testing the three of them tomorrow and will come back
to you with the results. Just been/am busy..

Thanks for your efforts so far, I appreciate it :)

Should I add further constellations of your patches into the working set?

Regards,

-Martin