Re: (patch) Improved documentation and examples of dynamic modules

Paul Goyette wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2015, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>
> > I'm OK with this.
> > Could you please integrate my patch this way with src/sys?
>
> The modules have been committed.

Many thanks!

A FreeBSD developer studying our examples told me that we traditionally use
u_int in place of unsigned [int] - calling the usage of 'unsigned' a linuxism.
I have no opinions on it. How is it?

I can see both variations used in the kernel.

I think that src/sys/modules/examples/ping/cmd_ping.c has malformed RCSID,
there is missing ':' after NetBSD.

> > I'm attaching a small patch for the man-pages. It's:
> > - adding new linked pages for MODULE(9) -> module(9), modcmd(9) -> module(9)
> >  and uio(9) -> uiomove(9),
> > - including lua(9lua) reference in module(9).
>
> I'm not so sure about the extra links.  Certainly you should be able to
> find the right man pages with apropos?
>
> 'apropos -C -9 MODULE'		first result it module(9)
> 'apropos modcmd'		returns only one result - module(9)
> 'apropos uio'			first returned result is uiomove(9)

I wrote an article and I add notes $function($SECTION) to each function
or structure, pointing out that there is documentation. The only missing
parts (not including Lua) are: MODULE, modcmd, uio and devsw_attach +
devsw_detach.

For the devsw pair please review and integrate the attached file.

It will be everything for now, of course excluding the Lua modules.

> I think it will be reasonable to add the lua cross reference.  But it
> goes at the the end of the list.  Sort order for SEE ALSO used the
> section number as the most significant sort field, then lexicograhpic
> (alphabetic) sort on the name.  :)

I see, my mistake!

> > I have a request to back-port it to NetBSD-7 as I want to depend on their
> > existence. Thanks!
>
> I have requested a pull-up for 7.0.

Thank you!

If the man-pages will be enhanced please include them in the pull-up request.