Re: Making dhcpcd work on diskless clients

On 08/02/2015 14:10, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> writes:
>> I don't fully understand what you are saying. But do you have an idea of
>> how this can be fixed then without dhcpcd having to learn the routing
>> table at load time?
>
> It seems to me that on a diskless client, the only really sound approach
> is to ensure that the DHCP client startup does not change the address
> and subnet route (and maybe the default route).  That requires a process
> of checking the routes and fixing if different, vs remove/add.  That
> might not be too hard, to be able to go an RTM_GET and look at the
> result.

I've taken this approach and it's mostly working.
dhcpcd cannot detect the first IPv6 route added (the kernel says it's
not there, which is a lie - need to look at this more) but finds every
other route I can throw at it.

I've not testing anything else, like moving a subnet to another
interface and that might be quite broken now.

If anyone wants to test it so far there is a tarball here to download:
http://www.netbsd.org/~roy/dhcpcd-6.7.99.1.tar.bz2

Roy