Re: Removal of compat-FreeBSD

Maxime Villard <max%M00nBSD.net@localhost> writes:

> Apparently, compat-FreeBSD is needed by tw_cli users.
>
> Therefore I think I will just disable it by default in the GENERIC kernels,
> unless anyone disagrees.

Our norms for significant changes are more or less about consensus or
preponderance of opinion.  So far you've said that you want to
remove/disable this, and a number of people have said they use it.  No
one else has spoke up in favor of disabling.  We don't have evidence
that anyone (besides you) is disabling this in their kernels.

So I think the opinions to date fall well short of enough to support
even disabling by default.