re: Making dhcpcd work on diskless clients

> > If the diskless client is i386 or amd64, configuration via 'dhcpcd'
> > during startup works just fine.
>
> There are no arch differences in the code, so I find this surprising.
> dhcpcd has grown a little bigger since the initial import, mainly due to
> the configurable DHCP option engine to mimic dhclient and growing IPv6
> functionality.

since this problem goes away if we make all of dhcpcd in-memory first,
possibly what happens here is that with i386 or amd64, the layout is
such that we don't ever try to fault in code during the small period
of time that the route is missing.

ie, it's all just random chance and a "properly" laid out x86 binary
probably can fail just fine for John :-)  (it does for me ...)

.mrg.