re: Converting kernel printf() to aprint_*() or log()

Izaak writes:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in working on the project to convert kernel printf to
> the appropriate aprint or log function:
> http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/aprint/
>
> There was a short discussion about modifying log(9) in June:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2014/06/16/msg017235.html
>
> Thereafter I posted a message about this, but it was ignored:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2014/06/19/msg017250.html
>
> Anyway, I am willing to do something, but I just need some comments to
> point me in the right direction. If many people depend on those
> functions, then I see no reason to break something without permission.

my take on this is:

	- we should convert all autoconf messages to the relevant
	  aprint(9).  this is its own project.

	- we should convert all other device logging (whether printf
	  or log based) to use a device_*() function that does what
	  we want.)  this is another project.

	- non-device log/printf should be ignored for these projects.

this means introducing a device_log(), probably like this:

void device_log(device_t dev, int level, const char *format, ...);

thanks!  this clean up is sorely needed.

.mrg.