Re: Converting kernel printf() to aprint_*() or log()

   Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 22:01:32 +0000 (UTC)
   From: christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas)

   I am not sure if it worth the churn to retire aprint_, but a log_dev()
   function would be most welcome for non-autoconfiguration printfs, and
   converting the rest of the driver autoconfiguration printfs to aprint_
   would also be welcome...

Does it matter that we distinguish autoconf printf from non-autoconf
printf?  Seems to me like it would be more useful to semiformalize
saving some of the output so it can be queried with drvctl, rather
than merely tagging it differently as `autoconf' or `not autoconf'.

We have pci_aprint_devinfo_fancy to print a short general description
and a specific model name for a PCI device.  Many drivers print
device-specific information, like the number of tx and rx chains in
iwn(4) or the number of ports and slots in ahcisata(4).  But there's
no way to get at these short of grepping dmesg.