On converting kernel printf() to aprint_*() or log()

Hi,

I am interested in working on the project to convert kernel printf to
the appropriate aprint or log function:
    http://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/aprint/

I have discussed this with Martin Husemann, but having seen the replies
to his recent message about introducing a log(9) variant, I thought it
prudent to clarify the task before embarking on it. So, what exactly
needs to be done and what is the best way to go about it? Also, I am
unsure about how to submit my contributions -- there will no doubt be
many files changed and many patches, so posting everything here might be
excessive. Anyway, your advice would be appreciated.

--
Izaak