Re: Converting kernel printf() to aprint_*() or log()

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 10:01:32PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> I am not sure if it worth the churn to retire aprint_, but a log_dev()
> function would be most welcome for non-autoconfiguration printfs, and
> converting the rest of the driver autoconfiguration printfs to aprint_
> would also be welcome...

That sounds like a good plan, please correct me if I understood
wrong:

 - create a log_dev(device_t, const char *fmt, ...) function and use that
   in drivers instead of printf() when not in the driver's *_attach()
   function (or functions only called from that); use log(9) where
   appropriate instead for printfs not using device_xname().

 - find simple printf-family calls inside driver's *_attach() functions
   (or functions only called from those) and convert them to aprint_*.

Martin