Re: API/ABI rank of headers in /usr/include/isofs/cd9660

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup%gmx.net@localhost> writes:

> Hi,
>
>>   get rid of OBJDIR and DESTDIR
>
> Where would these be, if present ?
> (I checked env and cd9660/Makefile.)

They would be under /usr/obj after you run build.sh.

>>   run a full build (from build.sh; see
>>   pkgsrc/sysutils/etcmanage:BUILD-NetBSD for my approach)
>>
>> If there is a program (in the NetBSD base system) that relies on having
>> the header in /usr/include, then the build will fail.
>
> I ran make in /usr/pkgsrc to get etcmanage-0.8.2/BUILD-NetBSD.
> But i have to confess that i do not understand the problem,
> which it will solve.

The script just sets OBJDIR, TOOLDIR, and RELEASEDIR to values that I
find sensible, and has comments explaining what it is doing, which I
think makes understanding how to use build.sh eaiser.  That's really all
there is to the script, even though there is more text.  I was really
just trying to sugges that you read the script as an illustrated example
of build.sh usage.

> Whatever, i did run
>   cd /usr/src
>   ./build.sh -j8 kernel=GENERIC
>   ./build.sh tools
>   ./build.sh -j8 kernel=GENERIC
> with success.

You may want to build "release"; I don't remember if that's the default.

> (./build.sh in /usr/src/ always wants me to build tools and then
>  spends 14 minutes with a full build. So normally i compile by
>    cd /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/obj/GENERIC
>    /usr/tools/bin/nbmake
> )

If you just want to build a kernel and know nothing else has changed,
that's an ok shortcut.