Re: API/ABI rank of headers in /usr/include/isofs/cd9660

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup%gmx.net@localhost> writes:

>> You can certainly drop them in the Makeefile in your source tree and do
>> a build and see what happens.
>
> My builds can hardly have installed or overwritten them.
> cd9660_extern.h differs between /usr/include and /usr/src.
> The files in /usr/include are of january 19, except those which i
> changed manually.
> (I just nbmake, copy the new ./netbsd to /netbsd-$number, and change
>  the /netbsd link. Reboot. Heuristic procedure crafted from found
>  twines and sticks.)

What I meant is

  get rid of OBJDIR and DESTDIR

  change a Makefile to no longer install a .h file

  run a full build (from build.sh; see
  pkgsrc/sysutils/etcmanage:BUILD-NetBSD for my approach)

If there is a program (in the NetBSD base system) that relies on having
the header in /usr/include, then the build will fail.