Re: API/ABI rank of headers in /usr/include/isofs/cd9660

Hi,

>   get rid of OBJDIR and DESTDIR

Where would these be, if present ?
(I checked env and cd9660/Makefile.)

>   change a Makefile to no longer install a .h file
>
>   run a full build (from build.sh; see
>   pkgsrc/sysutils/etcmanage:BUILD-NetBSD for my approach)
>
> If there is a program (in the NetBSD base system) that relies on having
> the header in /usr/include, then the build will fail.

I ran make in /usr/pkgsrc to get etcmanage-0.8.2/BUILD-NetBSD.
But i have to confess that i do not understand the problem,
which it will solve.

Whatever, i did run
  cd /usr/src
  ./build.sh -j8 kernel=GENERIC
  ./build.sh tools
  ./build.sh -j8 kernel=GENERIC
with success.
(./build.sh in /usr/src/ always wants me to build tools and then
 spends 14 minutes with a full build. So normally i compile by
   cd /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/obj/GENERIC
   /usr/tools/bin/nbmake
)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas