Re: Problem identified: WAPL/RAIDframe performance problems

>>> things.  What I care about is the largest size "sector" that will (in
>                                     ^^^^^^^
>>> the ordinary course of things anyway) be written atomically.
>> Then those are 512-byte-sector drives [...]
> No; because I can do 4K atomic writes, I want to know about that.

And, can't you do that with traditional drives, drives which really do
have 512-byte sectors?  Do a 4K transfer and you write 8 physical
sectors with no opportunity for any other operation to see the write
partially done.  Is that wrong, or am I missing something else?

\ / Ribbon Campaign