Re: Problem identified: WAPL/RAIDframe performance problems (Greg Troxel) writes:

>I wonder if it's possible (easily) to make the log only use fsbize
>boundaries, (maybe forcing it to be bigger as a side effect.)

Writing filesystem blocks won't help. RAIDframe needs writes as large
as a stripe.

The log itself could write much larger chunks but flushing is done
in a series of writes as small as a single physical block. I think
the only way to improve that is to copy everything first into a
large buffer. Not very efficient.

                                Michael van Elst