Re: Issues using KGDB on a Linux machine to debug NetBSD

On Jun 8, 2012, at 5:10 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:

> For what it's worth, some of my colleagues are successfully using the
> gdb from netbsd-5 (and I'm 99% sure netbsd-6) with the corresponding
> systems (all i386) on serial ports.
>
> Your output reports make me wonder if gdb changed the protocol.  I'd
> look at the gdb 7 sources to see if there is an old-mode switch.

No, the protocol hasn't changed.  It gets extended occasionally, for example
the xml thing that shows up in the trace that Israel sent.  But the base
protocol is the same.  And if the stub sends the expected reply for things it
doesn't support, all should be well even if GDB adds stuff.

        paul