Re: Issues using KGDB on a Linux machine to debug NetBSD

On Jun 8, 2012, at 4:35 PM, Israel Jacquez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'll make this short. I can't seem to get debugging support working
> even when following the guide:
> <http://www.netbsd.org/docs/kernel/kgdb.html>.
> Immediately, I get dropped into DDB. I can only see this through the
> serial console as the target machine is running headless. After, I
> invoke i486--netbsd-gdb that (should) read .gdbinit:
> file sys/arch/i386/compile/obj/GENERIC-DEBUG/netbsd.gdb
> set remote interrupt-sequence Ctrl-C
> set remotebaud 115200
> target remote /dev/ttyUSB0
>
> After in GDB, all I see is:
> warning: unrecognized item "qSupported:xm" in "qSupported" response
> Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> Ignoring packet error, continuing...
>
> Any help? Tips?

To see exactly what's going on, use the gdb command "set debug remote 1" before
the "target remote" command.  That will show the dialog between gdb and the
system being debugged.

It looks like the system is sendng something that your gdb doesn't understand.
Perhaps it's too old; what version are you using?

        paul