Issues using KGDB on a Linux machine to debug NetBSD

Hello,

I'll make this short. I can't seem to get debugging support working
even when following the guide:
<http://www.netbsd.org/docs/kernel/kgdb.html>.

Target: NetBSD 5.1.2 on the i386 port
Remote: Debian GNU/Linux
Kernel on target: NetBSD-CURRENT

I have enabled the following options in the kernel config file:

options DDB
options DDB_HISTORY_SIZE=512
options KGDB
options "KGDB_DEVNAME=\"com\"",KGDB_DEVADDR=0x3f8,KGDB_DEVRATE=115200
makeoptions DEBUG="-g"

After compiling the kernel on the remote machine (Debian GNU/Linux), I
copy the new kernel to / on the target machine and I see:

When I invoke dmesg(8): dmesg | grep -E '^com', I get the following:
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4: ns16550a, working fifo
com0: console
com0: kgdb

I then reboot and at the boot loader, I invoke:
boot -d

Immediately, I get dropped into DDB. I can only see this through the
serial console as the target machine is running headless. After, I
invoke i486--netbsd-gdb that (should) read .gdbinit:
file sys/arch/i386/compile/obj/GENERIC-DEBUG/netbsd.gdb
set remote interrupt-sequence Ctrl-C
set remotebaud 115200
target remote /dev/ttyUSB0

After in GDB, all I see is:
warning: unrecognized item "qSupported:xm" in "qSupported" response
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...

Any help? Tips?