Re: Multiboot a NetBSD kernel with Grub2: it works

On 09/27/2011 01:06 AM, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, Multi booting NetBSD using GRUB2
'multiboot' breaks ksyms, I did not document it

I believe that this was fixed in 1.99.  Which GRUB version did you
use?  I tried with GRUB trunk, and ksyms seem fine (for 5.1 and
-current kernels).

cf http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=45373

However, as mentioned in the PR, multibooting with NetBSD's boot
loader does (still) break ksyms.  IIRC, the multiboot implementation
in the boot loader is purposely minimal (the goal is to boot Xen).

Grégoire