Re: Multiboot a NetBSD kernel with Grub2: it works

Le 13/09/2011 16:38, Andy Ruhl a écrit :
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:00 AM, Emmanuel Kasper
> <> wrote:
>> * grub2 does not need to know about labels, it needs the MS DOS
>> NetBSD partition and seems to be fine with that.
> What exactly does this (what you wrote above) mean?
> Is it really finding the netbsd kernel here, and then booting it?:
> set root=(hd0,msdos1)
> This is good news I guess. Sorry, I'm not hugely experienced with grub
> or grub2, but it seems like I need to try to learn it again.

After playing with Grub/Grub2 again, I found that although GENERIC has
problems, the FLOPPY_INSTALL kernel plays fine with the Grub2 knetbsd
command. This is much welcome since FLOPPY_INSTALL has no multiboot support.

I have just posted a detailed "install from GRUB howto" on netbsd-users.