Re: extent-patch and overview of what is supposed to follow

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 06:05:49PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> - dtrace doesn't work everywhere (acutally I guess it's only x86, without
>   Xen)

If new code is going to be written to implement (or reimplement) debugging
facilities I would strongly advocate that enhancing DTrace to work on more
of our architectures would be a more productive use of that time.

> - I'm not sure you want to have dtrace running on a production server.

Um.  Can you explain why?  The probes are basically zero-cost (static
probes, where they are explicitly placed in the source code, are
__predict_false(); dynamic probes as would likely be use here are
binary-patched into place).

Thor