Re: netbsd-5.1_RC3 crash at Dell M710

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:03:14 +0200
From: Jean-Yves Migeon <jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost>
To: 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost
Cc: tech-kern%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: netbsd-5.1_RC3 crash at Dell M710

On 13.08.2010 08:52, 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost wrote:
hello,

netbsd crashs at Dell M710. You can have a look at the screeshot at
http://6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/Dell-M710.bmp

Any Ideas what could be the problem?

Most probably, an attempt to read a MSR, which is not allowed/present
for that CPU.

At ddb prompt, type "bt" and "show reg", so we can see where and how it
happens.

it is not so easy. my M710 is a server inside a blade chassis. console access exists only via dell drac server management. it seems, that the ddb does not support the keyboard simulated by dell drac managemend cards.

thank you for your efforts

regards
Uwe