Re: netbsd-5.1_RC3 crash at Dell M710

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:

On 13.08.2010 08:52, 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost wrote:
hello,

netbsd crashs at Dell M710. You can have a look at the screeshot at
http://6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/Dell-M710.bmp

Any Ideas what could be the problem?

Most probably, an attempt to read a MSR, which is not allowed/present
for that CPU.

At ddb prompt, type "bt" and "show reg", so we can see where and how it
happens.

Most recently I'm seeing crashes on my server as well. Something is
using up all the memory, using up all the swap, and then crashing the
system. I'm blaming the web server at the moment.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost