[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: (Semi-random) thoughts on device tree structure and devfs
Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> Wow, that sucks. Not being able to change permissions (and less importantly,
>> mv or rm the device files) would definitely be a problem.
>Could you show me use cases how it sucks? I need more use cases.
- I want to present a subset of devices to a chrooted devfs.
- I want to give a different set of permissions than the default.
- I want to be able to call a device by a different (symbolic name) without
- I want to prevent access to the device completely by not providing a device
- I want to preserve those changes across boots.
- I want to be able to move all my disk devices to a subdirectory.
Main Index |
Thread Index |