Re: Multiboot for amd64?

Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:

At this point, I care very very little about having our
kernel be multiboot.  NetBSD/i386-current GENERIC can't even
mount root without modules being loaded with the kernel.

I submitted a patch that adds multiboot module support to NetBSD/i386. It's in PR #42640. A short description is given in the PR, and an overview of the behavior is in my previous email in this thread.

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=42640

The patch has been tested with netbsd-5 (loading the miniroot.kmod containing the installer) and -current (loading ffs.kmod so that the kernel mounts the root filesystem).

Best regards,

Grégoire