Re: wsevent MP-safe

rmind%netbsd.org@localhost said:
> Here is a patch (been forgotten and dusting in my tree for a while)

Hmm, yes, obviously...
So what is the substance? Replacing the splwsevent() by a mutex?
Sorry for sounding unfriendly, but it is hard to see what is
important within all the cosmetic nonsense, you should have
seperated it.
But about cosmetics -- I don't like the new name "wsevents_t"
for wseventsvar. If at all, it is a wsevent_queue or so, this
would describe what it is good for. As I understand it, the initial
plan was to have this queue mmap()able, or at least accessible
to kernel video drivers which can control a sprite, to avoid
system call latency for mouse movements. Noone did the work
to implement this, but seeing the trend to in-kernel video drivers
in Linux I'd at least not actively inhibit it.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt