Re: kern/42583: ACPI errors, HP DV6-1334US [was: The imperfect beauty of NetBSD]

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 09:13:24AM -0500, Alex Goncharov wrote:
> | I don't see why the patch has any effect. What is happening is that
> | one of the methods called during the init of the ACPI EC accesses an
> | undefined variable.  Due to that the call ultimately fails and the
> | EC is not attached.  I don't know why that changes with the patch in
> | FreeBSD land though.
>
> From what you understand now, is the situation fixable in any
> practically meaningful way -- in NetBSD or FreeBSD, in the confines of
> that small code diff piece that you saw in my report?
>
> Thanks for looking!

Well, the question is now why the PPC_ symbol starts to appear with the
supposedly slightly different processing order of the patch. I guess I
need to start digging deeply into the acpica vm for that :( I don't
think the patch  really fixes the problem, just changes enough to make
it disappear for some magic reason.

Joerg