Re: The imperfect beauty of NetBSD [Was: NetBSD vs. FreeBSD]

,--- You/Joerg (Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:10:50 +0100) ----*
| You know, it would help if you would include the most basic data in an
| unmanagled form. acpiec0 is clearly complaining during your boot about
| not being able to install an handler for the region. Pretty much
| everything else is fallout from that. Now, given that you insist on
| reorder the output etc, I can't tell what is going on...

I didn't insist, really :-)

Reordering via `sort -u' was done to condense ~1000 lines into ~10.
Had I been asked for an alternative way to present the information, I
would have done that.

Now the installation is gone, I can't provide more data.

The key to resolving problems is timeliness of inquires and responses.

To all inquires posted while my NetBSD install was available, I
replied.  I hadn't gotten a feeling that anybody was really on my ACPI
case -- given an excellent alternative, FreeBSD, I made the natural
choice.

Thanks,

-- Alex -- alex-goncharov%comcast.net@localhost --