Re: USB-related boot hang/"hang" on 5.0.1

SB> Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 16:51:27 -0400
SB> From: Steven Bellovin

SB> Have you tried 'boot -c' and disable those ports?

However, GH's and your posts made me think to try something (before
jumping ahead to more work than was necessary):

boot netbsd-INSTALL.gz -c
disable ehci

...and I'm at the installer screen, complete with working USB keyboard.
No "-1", "-2", "disable ohci", nor "disable uhci" needed.  Evidently:

ehci* at pci? dev ? function ?

is the culprit.

This gives me (and anyone else perusing the archives) a workaround...
but is there any additional assistance that I can provide in tracking
down the root of the ehci(4) problem?

Thanks again,
Everquick Internet -
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. -
Phone: +1 316 794 8922 Wichita
DO NOT send mail to the following addresses: -*- -*-
Ditto for broken OOO autoresponders and foolish AV software backscatter.