Re: Reworked: Support for multi-position electro-mechanical keylocks

Am 14.08.2009 um 14:41 schrieb Matthias Scheler:

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:45:53AM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
Please find an updated diff at
http://www.netbsd.org/~mbalmer/diffs/keylock_07.diff that includes the
gpiolock(4) man page in the dirstribution set  lists file.

The diff looks mostly good. A few comments:
1.) "sys/keylock.h" should have guards against multiple inclusion.

sure. done.

2.) The code at the end of keylock_state() looks very condensed.
   Can you perhaps change the "else if" to "if" and a few
   comments?

here we are at a spot of the code that definitely needs refinement and more thinking. for now, I suggest the following comment to explain the situation better:

      /*
         * XXX How should the intermediate positions be handled?
* At the moment only the ultimate positions are properly handled, * we need to think about what we do with the intermediate positions.
         * For now we return KEYLOCK_SEMIOPEN for them.
         */

would that suit the needs?

- Marc

        Kind regards