Re: Implement mode_select for atapi tape drives - round 4

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

should select be __packed?

Yes, it should probably be. I know most hardware structures are not
declared __packed in the scsipi code, we've been luky this didn't cause
issues for now ...

Yes, as pointed out earlier, I think the scsipi code needs a rather thorough clean-up / rototill. This is one of many things that should get done. But it is beyond the scope of the current proposed change.

I'm certainly happy to add the scsipi rototill to my plate, but it will likely be a while before I can get to it. There's a lot of code to go groveling through, and my day job is keeping me rather occupied. :)

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |