Re: NFS

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 14:15:04 -0400
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists%pulsar-zone.net@localhost> wrote:

> So today, on another NFS client box on which I had returned to UDP,
> processes also started locking on the remote NFS mount.  The server was
> fine again, but client processes were now locking in nfsrcv state.  The
> client had to be rebooted and I switched back to TCP which at least
> seems more reliable so far.  So I'm keeping one client box only with
> NFS mounted via UDP for now for further testing.

The testing box in question now mounts again in TCP mode because the
problem occurred twice today (client NFS processes locking in nfsrcv
with a single "not responding" message in dmesg) and it was way
annoying requireing two reboots.  However, it could run fine during
approximately 48 hours previously.  It is thus hard to reproduce, it
appears very intermittent.
--
Matt